French ponderings.....

French ponderings.....
Dreaming of France in The Land Down Under.......

Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Synchronicity / Synchronicité

Yes, I admit it, I am a believer in the law of attraction..when it suits :) , and most definately syncronicity,(meaningful coincidences) . I can't NOT, as it happens to me quite often..in spurts, and more often than not, it targets my francophone self.



A few years ago I was looking for some inspiration via an Anthony Robbins motivational book Awaken the giant within (je vous adore, Tony!) Around that time I had been playing with the idea of getting a university diploma in French (as mentioned in this post French, an ongoing love affair ,but it really was only a fantasy floating in the  backstalls of my mind.... but there they were, three words that just stood out and stuck.  TAKE MASSIVE ACTION! No dilly dallying, no procrastinating, GET ON WITH IT, AND GET ON WITH IT IN A BIG WAY!  Ok then, Tony..I will think about it, and I did think about it .. a lot...because Tony wouldn't LET UP until I DID take massive action..Everywhere I went he would appear, in a magazine or in a movie I would be watching (Shallow Hal loved this film!) ..it was getting 'spooky'! I phoned a like-minded friend to tell her about it and as I  was  filling her in, Anthony's face appears on the TV screen! arrghh alright! alright!  Massive action!!  Thanks Tony, I have you to thank for having a university degree in modern languages...but you are sooo pushy!!



You know, at the end of that particular book, he wrote something along the lines of  ' I hope you have found some inspiration on these pages and who knows, maybe one day we will cross paths, I would love to hear your story..'  mmm sure. Tony ..me in Australia..you on the other side of the world....but nice thought :)



A few months later, My hubby and I went to the local movies, very rare occasion, especially at 6 pm on a Thursday night... it was like a ghost town  at the ticket box...there were only  two couples lined up..hubby and me....and...you guessed it...Anthony Robbins and his wife! This could not be happening! I couldn't believe my eyes!... and if you are wondering if I told him my story...well no I didn't....I was too busy dropping lollies all over the floor and making a  complete fool of myself! Well shock can do this, n'est-ce pas???

What a ride! Does synchronicity chase you?

A bientot, Gigi

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cousin Gigi, I am enjoying your Blog and cannot wait for the next input. Loving Cousin Nelly's White Farm too. luv Donna

    ReplyDelete