French ponderings.....

French ponderings.....
Dreaming of France in The Land Down Under.......

Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spring time...Let's talk flowers (C'est le printemps alors ..parlons des fleurs!)




When I think of what I like most about France, I often conjure up images of flowers.  So when I'm am lucky enough to be there,  I truly appreciate the beautiful floral vistas  on offer..

A pretty breakfast setting at the rear of  a Nice hotel. Just love the blue :)


How beautiful is this bed of pink tulips!  I came across these whilst taking a stroll through  my most favorite gardens ever.. le Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris.






A delightful Friday market in Cassis, on the Mediterranean
 
                              And  of course the magnificent lavender fields of Provence, those very same ones I have NOT seen up close and personal...
YET... 
     

 
But  I do grow some of my own....see above :)  I have a fantasy of owning our own lavender farm one day... with alpacas......yes I know alpacas aren't french...but who am I to question my fantasies!!



And last of all my french window boxes.. these guys need a bit of feeding to keep healthy, not quite the provencal landscape...but what can a girl do!





How is your spring garden going?  I'm praying for rain :)

A bientot,  Gigi

4 comments: